Do you feel like it’s time to hire a team for your business but have no idea how all these other entrepreneurs online are making it look easy?
Maybe you see your favorite business owner announcing that they have brought on yet another team member to help them scale and raving about the value of “outsourcing,” while you‘re having a tough time managing your own schedule, let alone a small team of 1-3.
Here’s an industry secret… it’s hard for them to manage their teams too!
No one does it alone – hiring, team-building, and leadership skills are essential to creating your vision, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy. (I’d say hiring and scaling out my team has easily been one of the most challenging parts of my entrepreneurial journey so far – if not the most challenging. And it is the biggest struggle and behind-the-scenes complaint I hear from other entrepreneurs.)
Tianna Tye on How to Hire, Manage, and Lead Your Dream Team
If you’re feeling like good help is hard to find (or really any help is hard to find!), this week’s episode is for you.
Whether you’ve tried on management styles like the “chill” boss, or your former boss, or taken a few workshops here and there on team management, or even if you’ve never managed anyone before… I am excited to introduce you to this week’s Beyond Influential guest, I/O Psychologist, team-building expert, and leadership coach Tianna Tye.
Tianna has dedicated her career to helping online business owners build and lead the dream teams that can help their businesses scale and thrive! (She is also a specialist in remote teams—very relevant right now!) Her goal is to help creative entrepreneurs learn to lead their teams, less like the Devil Wears Prada, and more as the CEO they aspire to be in the future.
On Ep. 130, we cover:
- Why hiring is such a difficult area for entrepreneurs and business owners
- Best practices for hiring at any stage of your business (from solopreneur to full-scale)
- How to make your team feel invested in you as a CEO—whether they are full-time employees or contractors
- Virtual & Remote teams: Top tips to create a company culture & make everyone feel more connected
- Being a Boss vs. Being a Leader: What’s the difference and why it matters to your business
- How to create a more diverse and inclusive team, hiring for your personality type, and more!
Hiring is another area where the more clear you are on your brand, and what you stand for, the easier it’s going to be to attract the right people to you when you are ready and need to hire. Positioning yourself clearly online is not just for people to buy from you – it’s essential for attracting the right team members and for potential team members, partners, and collaborators to know you’re the one they want to work with. You never get to skip the clarity work. If you’re interested in step number one and where you have to start when it comes to literally anything tied to positioning your personal brand and business online, check out The Clarity Course at brittanykrystle.com/clarity
Thinking about building a team? Check out these other helpful episodes of Beyond Influential as well:
- #118 Whitney Eckis on Building a Loyal Community Around Your Brand While Embracing Change
- #104 Divya Gugnani of Wander Beauty On What it Takes to Grow a Global Brand & Build Businesses That Scale
- #101 Lin Marty on How to Use Big Ad Agency Thinking in Your Small Business
- #99 Behind the Scenes of My Business: Team-Building, Finding Your Zone of Genius, & Leaning Into Change with Shannon O’Donovan
Other Helpful Links:
Want to support the podcast (for Free!)? Leaving a review on Apple Podcasts goes a long way.
Tag me on Instagram @brittanykrystle with your favorite takeaways from this episode!
To connect with Tianna:
To connect with me, Brittany Krystle: