Offering “free work” is popular advice given to entrepreneurs as a way to grow their businesses and a hot topic. This is especially true as the market for freelancers, service-based industries, and the gig economy grows. The real question is: Does it actually make sense for you and your business?
You hear the major success stories about people who did free work and it changed everything, but what you don’t hear about is that for each success story, there are countless more that didn’t work out.
Here’s the truth about free work
And what social media advice conveniently leaves out: free work isn’t actually “free” – and it needs to be done the right way for it to pay off. In general, I’m not a huge fan of working for free, but if you do choose to provide free work, you definitely need a plan in place before you start. On this week’s episode of Beyond Influential, I dig into the strategy you need if you are considering working for free so you can do it the right way.
On Episode 91, I cover:
- When free work actually makes sense for your brand and business
- The most important questions to ask yourself before you provide (or offer!) free work
- How to strategize your offer to make sure you benefit
- The essential steps to take after you provide free work
- How to make sure you get the most out of your time, effort, and energy.
- And more!
To connect with me, Brittany Krystle: