Have you ever wondered what it really takes to launch, grow, and monetize a successful podcast? If you’re nodding your head, you’re going to want to listen to this episode of Beyond Influential.
My guest, Travis Chappell, knows a thing or two about podcasting and building a world-class network. His Build Your Network podcast currently has over 500 episodes and is consistently at the top of the business and entrepreneurship iTunes charts, and has been featured in Forbes’ 10 Podcasts to Change Your Life alongside Joe Rogan, Tim Ferriss, and other A-List podcasters.
Travis is also the founder and CEO of Guestio, a new platform that connects content creators with high-level dream guests.
In this conversation, we dig into Travis’s story, including his unconventional upbringing, experience in door-to-door sales, and how he took what he learned to pivot into podcasting and entrepreneurship. We talk about everything from networking and connecting with people authentically to how he started, grew, and monetized his Build Your Network podcast, and what he teaches other entrepreneurs who want to become successful podcast hosts.
On Ep. 150, we cover:
- The best sales tips Travis learned selling door-to-door
- Travis’s transition from sales to entrepreneurship & how he invested in himself
- How to build an audience intentionally with an eye towards monetization
- Mentorship: Why you need a mentor and how to find the right one
- Networking: How to book your dream guests & connect with influential people you want to know
- Top tips for launching, growing, and monetizing a podcast
- Clubhouse: the pros and cons you should be aware of
- Travis’s new business venture, Guestio, & more!
Other Helpful Links:
Want to Support the Podcast?
Leaving a review on Apple Podcasts goes a long way!
Take a screenshot while listening to the episode and share it in your Instagram Stories—and make sure to tag me @brittanykrystle!
To connect with Travis:
To connect with me, Brittany Krystle: